Growing by Learning!
Bright Futures Academy uses Constructivism as the foundation of the Learning System. Constructivism is a theory in Education that focuses on the fact that learners build knowledge rather than just passively take in information. It is based on the idea that people actively create or build their knowledge, and that reality is determined by the experiences as a learner.
At Bright Futures Academy we have implemented the Creative curriculum in our unique way in English and Spanish. Making it exciting and fun where each child can explore, build and develop their skills.
There are 5 components of our framework that are implemented in our classrooms:
9 Areas of Development and Learning
Bright Futures Academy sets milestones in each of the areas of development and learning:
- Science and Technology
- Social Studies
Play is an excellent vehicle for learning. Handling different materials, children learn to observe, compare, sort and sequence. The development of the social-emotional is crucial for a child’s self-regulation.
A structured learning environment is key to enrich the children’s decision-making and selecting choices. Encourage them to use materials well and teach them to take on increased responsibility for maintaining the classroom.
A well-balanced schedule provides children a sense of security.
- Music & Movement
- Dramatic Play
- Toys & Games
- Sand & Water
Milestones per Age
- Develop communication and motor skills
- Explore through their senses to start discovering
- Introduction to Music, percussion instruments and sounds
- Introduction to numbers, letters, colors, textures, and shapes
- Start building a vocabulary of single words
- Keep developing their communication and interpersonal skills
- Build vocabulary to create simple sentences.
- Work to learn more letters, numbers, shapes, and colors
- Improve their interpersonal skills. Playing together, sharing games and toys
- Start building the foundations for reading and writing
- Start with Potty training
- Physical Education and coordination Curriculum
- Soccer as part of team building and self-esteem activities
- Develop the critical thinking and problem-solving mindset
- Dramatic and Pretending playing. Exploring the world
- Build strong interpersonal skills in a creative environment
- Reinforce the basics of reading and writing
- Playing and Learning with STEM activities
- Strengthen writing and reading skills
- Understand Mathematical concepts
- Hands-on solving problems
- Reinforce interpersonal Skills